Cart 0 items: $0.00

Close

Qty Item Description Price Total
  Subtotal $0.00

View Cart

 

50th Parallel Estate Winery

50th Parallel Estate Pinot Gris

50th Parallel Estate Pinot Gris

All fruit was selectively hand harvested and whole bunch pressed then immediately cold settled. 80% of the juice was fermented cold in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 20% was fermented in French oak barrels to enhance texture and complexity.

The season presented a more typical growing season which created a great balance of acid and sugar in the Pinot Gris. Drink young to experience the full fresh vivacious fruit components. Cellaring is encouraged for 3-4 years as the natural acid will keep the wine and its components in check while allowing softer more complex flavours to emerge.

Wine Club Price $16.15

In Stock
Add To Cart
$19.00
/ 750ml
SKU: 223859
Wine Specs
Vintage
2016
Varietal
Pinot Gris
Appellation
Central Okanagan Valley, Lakeside Alluvial Fans
Harvest Date
September 2016
Acid
6.3
pH
3.38
Aging
Up to 5 years
Bottling Date
February 2017
Residual Sugar
6 g/L
Alcohol %
13.5
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
APPEARANCE: Bright, clear, lemon juice hue AROMA: Blend of fresh citrus fruits and tree ripened peaches PALATE: Sweet Navel orange, Meyer lemon and dominant peach flavours provide a welcome entry. Lemongrass and Bartlett pear chime in to produce a cornucopia of fruit characters that are accentuated by creaminess from the 20% of fruit that was French oak fermented. THINK OF: Elegant (or wild) pool parties with close friends during the peak of an Okanagan summer.
Awards
2015 Vintage Awards: SILVER - International Wine & Spirit Competition 2016 SILVER - All Canadian Wine Awards 2016 SILVER - Los Angeles International Wine Competition 2016 SILVER - San Francisco International Wine Competition 2016 BRONZE - Okanagan Life Magazine Best of BC Wine Awards 2016 BRONZE - InterVin International Wine Awards 2016 Commended - Decanter World Wine Awards 2016
Vineyard Notes
2016 was an excellent winemaking year, both in the vineyard and in the winery. Although a hot start to the season had us slightly concerned that we may have had a second drought year in the making, late June and early July thankfully delivered some unseasonably cool conditions. This moderated the ripening cycle at the estate and slowed sugar generation in the fruit while allowing a longer physiological ripening period to let the grapes build an optimal balance of both acid and sugar. While we tried to pinpoint a clear spring release victor at bottling time in February 2017, the whole team agreed that the new spring white wines and rosé are all immediately quaffable and each will deliver some of the best varietal expressions we have seen in our young history at 50th Parallel. The 2016 aromatic wines will be released in March 2017.
Production Notes
All fruit was selectively hand harvested and whole bunch pressed then immediately cold settled. 80% of the juice was fermented cold in stainless steel tanks, while the remaining 20% was fermented in French oak barrels to enhance texture and complexity.
Winemaker Notes
The season presented a more typical growing season which created a great balance of acid and sugar in the Pinot Gris. Drink young to experience the full fresh vivacious fruit components. Cellaring is encouraged for 3-4 years as the natural acid will keep the wine and its components in check while allowing softer more complex flavours to emerge.
Food Pairing Notes
Seafood salad, salmon burgers, a multitude of vegetarian plates, prosciutto wrapped Selva prawns, Asian pork dishes, oysters, firm sharp cheeses; the list goes on. This Pinot Gris is one of the most versatile and friendly wines for all professional and aspiring chefs. Serve between 3-6 degrees Celsius in a white aromatic glass.
Production
3,625 cases
Product Reviews
Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: